Due to my University Marketing and Communications internship first semester being a daily commitment, I took the position of supplement editor at The Vidette my senior year at Illinois State. As supplement editor, I was able to develop the content ideas and help design the layouts, which are similar to my future goals. You can view the electronic editions of the guides I have produced at the links below.
- 2013 Survival Guide, which targets freshmen and transfer students as the begin at ISU
- 2013 Rental Guide, focusing on sophomores looking to rent apartments and houses for their junior year
- 2013 Homecoming Guide, giving information about Homecoming Week events as well as past Homecoming fun facts
- Family Weekend Edition of The Bird, the weekend edition transformed from being the Insider’s Guide, which offers alternative ideas of fun activities in Bloomington-Normal
- 2014 Back to Spring Guide, targeting transfer students beginning ISU in January and may not know what will be happening in the upcoming semester
- 2014 Sex in the Birdhouse Guide, focusing on Valentine’s Day, romance, safe sex, and the differences in how people approach each of those areas
- 2014 Best Of Guide, rewarding businesses and organizations in the Bloomington-Normal area that had been voted as the best in certain categories by current Illinois State students