ASSH has given me the opportunity to write various pieces, ranging from longer articles to briefer marketing pieces, some of which are featured below.
- Marketing material for Elbow Trauma: A Master Skills Publication, my first book project
- Article focusing on the first pediatric hand transplant, with collaboration from a few of my department members and surgeons who worked on the transplant
- Article highlighting a nonprofit organization that inspires young women to pursue orthopaedic surgery
Prior to ASSH, I had the privilege of writing many different articles, stories and profiles through my internships and The Vidette.
- Review of “The Purge,” complete with an interview with producer Jason Blum
- Preview story about the ISU Local Foods dinner, with a profile of the chef
- Feature story about a new group that trains service dogs
- Profile of actress Rosario Dawson, the speaker at ISU’s 2013 Latino Cultural Dinner
- Feature story about Illinois State’s competitive bass fishing team
- Profile of Jessie Garber for the English Department newsletter, completed as an assignment through University Marketing and Communications
- Article focusing on ISU’s academic departments incorporating social media in the classroom
- Profile of ISU alumnus Matthew Clifford and his work as a part of the February 2014 ISU alumni magazine
- Article about the compost carryout containers offered at Illinois State, published on USA TODAY College’s website
- Article about ISU student Jessie Garber’s book “Madam President” to inspire young girls to go into politics, published on USA TODAY College’s website